Jyrki Anttila is a Finnish tenor who has sung opera roles from Tamino to Wagnerian tenor roles such as Erik, Parsifal and Siegmund.
Anttila has won the Somero National Tenor Singing Competition in 1997 and the Tampere Opera Grand Prix Competition in 1999.
He was engaged as a soloist at the Finnish National Opera from 1998 to 2021 and has appeared as a guest soloist in the Tampere, Oulu and Vaasa operas, as well as at the Savonlinna Opera Festival. He has sung Siegmund at the Finnish National Opera under the direction of Götz Friedrich, and Parsifal at the Finnish National Opera under the direction of Harry Kupfer. Besides that he has sung Erik (Der Fliegende Holländer) at the Savonlinna Opera Festival and the Estonian National Opera, Tannhäuser at the Estonian National Opera and Lithuanian National Opera, Siegfried (concert version) in Helsinki and at the Eurajoki Bel Canto Festival.
Jyrki has sung under the baton of e.g. Pietari Inkinen, Leif Segerstam, Jukka-Pekka Saraste, Giancarlo Andretta and Vello Pähn and has collaborated with first class Finnish directors like Kari Heiskanen and Vilppu Kiljunen among others.
In addition to The Wagnerian roles Jyrki’s repertoire includes
- Orlando | Orlando Paladino
- Tamino | Die Zauberflöte
- Hervey | Anna Bolena
- Gabriele Adorno | Simon Boccanegra
- Il Duca di Mantova | Rigoletto
- Matteo | Arabella
- Herzog | Eine Nacht in Venedig
- Don José | Carmen
- Andrei Khovansky | Khovanshchina
- The False Dimitri | Boris Godunov
- Lensky | Eugene Onegin
- Ruggero | La Rondine
- Cavaradossi | Tosca
- Renato Des Grieux | Manon Lescaut
- Pinkerton | Madama Butterfly
- Boris | Kat’a Kabanova
- Steva | Jenufa
- Juhana | Viimeiset kiusaukset (The Last Temptations, by Joonas Kokkonen)
- Antti | Pohjalaisia (The Ostrobothnians, by Leevi Madetoja)
- Shemeikka | Opera Juha (by Aarre Merikanto)
- Merchant of Novgorod in Ratsumies (The Horseman, by Aulis Sallinen)
- Felix Ysupov | Rasputin (by Einojuhani Rautavaara)
- Graf Tassilo | Gräfin Mariza
- Edwin | Die Czardasfurstin
- Danilo | Die Lustige Witwe
- Eisenstein | Die Fledermaus
Wagnerian magazine | Matti Lehtonen
” Jyrki’s singing was technically admirably controlled and all together better than many singers performing on international arenas.”
”He is a world class Wagner tenor.”
Jyrki Anttila is especially interested in Richard Wagner’s operas, and he has sung
- Siegmund | Die Walküre The Latvian National Opera, The Finnish National Opera
- Parsifal | Parsifal The Finnish National Opera
- Erik | Der Fliegende Holländer The Savonlinna Opera Festival and Estonian National Opera
- The title role | Tannhäuser The Estonian National Opera and Lithuanian National Opera
- Tristan | Tristan und Isolde | The Finnish National Opera
- The title role | Siegfried (Concert version)
- Siegfried | Götterdämmerung (Consert version)
Jyrki Anttila has appeared as a guest soloist in the Latvian, Lithuanian and Estonian National Opera Houses as well as in the Opera Houses of Bern and Leipzig. He has also appeared as a concert soloist in USA, Australia and Japan.
”Everything lives and lasts by the inner necessity of its being, by its own nature’s need.”
– Richard Wagner
OPERART JYRKI ANTTILA OY
Jyrki Anttila is the CEO of OperArt Jyrki Anttila Oy.